Day Trip to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas







The Grand Canyon has always been one on my bucket list and I am so grateful and happy to be able to mark it off the list. It was everything I expected it to be, breathtaking, surreal and beautiful. When doing tours it is easy to fall for the first price you are given which is what I almost did but with a bit of research, I was able to find myself the cheapest tour and also which tour was best for me.  

So Which Tour to Do?

There are several different tours you can do including bus, helicopter, jeep etc. The tours can be quite expensive if you book through the concierge at the hotel, what I did was went on to Groupon and booked the tour and it saved me almost $200!! (just search Grand Canyon Tours on Groupon). I went with the bus tour which is the least expensive one but also a lovely tour to do as you get to see the Hoover Dam, Route 66 and experience a little bit of Arizona and the desert. The bus tour leaves very early in the morning at 6 am and you are not back until 9.30/10pm so if you are planning on doing this tour from Vegas I would suggest booking an extra day to fit it in.


Which Rim to Do?


When booking the tour there are two options to book from one is to see the South Rim and the other is to go and see the West Rim (I believe there is the North Rim also but I was not given that option when booking). Although the West Rim is closer to Vegas I decided to go with the South Rim because it is supposedly more picturesque. From what I saw about the West Rim the tour takes you to the famous glass bridge called the SkyWalk. Here you can walk out over the Grand Canyon which sounds ideal for the adrenalin junkies out there. But the main reason I decided against the West Rim was because you are not allowed to take your possessions out onto the bridge or take any photos as the property is owned by The Hualapai Indian tribe.


How Much Does it Cost?
The tour costs around $94 which includes pickup from your hotel and drop off back to your hotel, tea/coffee, and a lovely buffet lunch. On the way down we stopped twice once at a Mc Donalds (which I was extremely happy about) and the second time at the restaurant where we had lunch. The buffet had everything from soups to salads, pasta, fruit and ice cream. On the way back we only stopped once and we also got to see the Hoover Dam lit up at night which was so amazing!!


This is honestly the most beautiful place I have ever seen, the pictures do not do it justice!! It is definitely one of those places you just have to experience in real life, I would highly recommend doing the Grand Canyon if you are going to Vegas.

Have you ever been to the Grand Canyon, what did you think??


Love,
Leah x